So you may remember reading our blog post, ‘How to Style a Contemporary Home with Vintage Pieces’ which was the first in a three part series for Period Living Magazine. Well, we’re back with the second instalment and this time we’re looking at how to style and integrate two current interiors trends into your home using vintage items: warm metals and indigo.
Here’s a little taster:
This wall colour is Basalt by Little Greene and it makes a fabulous backdrop for a collection of vintage china and accessories. These plates belonged to my grandmother and I love to display them but I don’t want my sitting room looking like granny’s front room so a backdrop of inky blue gives them a contemporary look and perfectly combines vintage and new for a personal and unique home.
Tips for styling indigo pieces:
- Vintage blue china, from plates to bowls, cups and saucers and teapots can be picked up quite cheaply at charity shops and vintage emporiums.
- The beauty is in the pattern and shape – mix up designs to give greater contrast and excitement.
- House plants are very on trend and soft greens look fabulous against indigo. So add some foliage with ferns and ‘mind your own business’ to soften and contrast.
- Mix in some warm metals to give a glow and vibrancy to the scheme.
- Think about adding a touch of the quirky like this cheeky budgie to give an eclectic look.
How to Style Warm Metals and Indigo Using Vintage Pieces
Photography: Amelia Brooks/ Styling: Jacqui and Amelia Brooks
4 replies to “How to Style Warm Metals and Indigo Using Vintage Pieces”
Leave a comment
Your comments make us happy!
Please note that all content, including text and images are copyright of Audenza, unless otherwise stated. If you would like to use content from our site, then we’re very flattered to hear that, but please note its origins on your site or blog, provide a link back to us and kindly let us know where you have used our content. Thanks!